Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 340 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,300 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to: Collaborate with Category Managers to forecast lift for advertised, promotional and new merchandise, to identify market trending for specific product groups, to identify slow moving or obsolete items, and to launch new items. Work with the CM to efficiently manage the end of life process. Interact with outside suppliers, factories and internal logistics partners and management to establish optimal order quantities, lead times and initial order quantities. Responsible for the re-order process and inventory control of DC merchandise; maintain in-stock condition, forecast demand, analyze movement patterns, product deployment, performance reporting, tracks inbound orders into DCs and responds to inquiries regarding item stock status.
- Forecast inventory demand and create orders for product to meet the forecasted demand utilizing a just-in-time approach that maximizes inventory turns while maintaining high in-stock levels for all product lines.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory accuracy and recordkeeping for specific categories or suppliers.
- Communicate with suppliers to create an efficient supply chain process which maximizes service levels while minimizing costs and to expedite merchandise orders as needed to meet the demand for products.
- Communicate between our DCs and stores as needed to conduct replenishment activities.
- Coordinate with Category Manager to meet the strategic goals of the product category.
- Periodically attend furniture markets to better understand the product selections process.
- Assist the Category Manager to input new merchandise items and to provide feedback on estimated demand.
- Visit stores to develop an understanding of the challenges they face and to create a repoire with the dealers and store managers.
- Maintain high inventory service levels to support a “thriving dealer network”.
- Bachelor degree or significant experience accompanied by APICS certification. (APICS certification a plus for degreed candidates.)
- Two to four years experience and training with inventory modeling, demand resource planning (DRP) activities and inventory control management processes.
- Excellent math, analytical and forecasting skills; an understanding of DRP concepts and activities.
- Excellent computer skills to include database management, spreadsheet design, (MS Excel, Word and Outlook) and experience with company inventory computer systems (preferred.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and personnel by telephone, or through written communication; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed organized manner. Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Problem solving capabilities, understands logistic operations and inventory flows, inventory/accounting relationships and has the ability to quickly prioritize critical needs.