Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 340 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,300 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payroll processing. This includes processing, auditing and finalizing weekly time data, incoming pay information (bonus, commissions, etc.) payroll deductions including garnishments, payroll check distribution, creating and submitting payroll reports, and other authorized payroll transactions.
- Full-cycle bi-weekly payroll and time data processing. Includes but is not limited to input, payroll auditing, distribution, records maintenance, and wage deduction processing
- Audit and load incoming payments such as commissions and bonuses
- Reconcile time and absence data prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Review and respond to requests including wage verification inquiries, wage assignments, levies, and garnishments as necessary
- Serve as a point of contact for basic inquiries and requests, such as; direct deposit, requests for pay statement copies, and W-4 withholding
- Identify and research errors on payroll checks; resolve basic payroll discrepancies regarding pay, time worked, deductions and time off
- Interpretation of pay policies, i.e., vacation, LOA, disability, workers compensation, withholding exemptions, and ensure appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated and applied accurately and timely
- Analyze and process payments for third party vendors (garnishments, loans, etc.)
- Perform analytical troubleshooting for payroll opportunities and discrepancies
- Compile statistical and payroll data from a variety of sources (e.g. time sheets, salary adjustments, leave balances, tax deposits, etc.) for the purpose of providing summaries to other entities.
- Prepare and distribute year-end tax documentation (W-2’s, 1095’Cs, W-4’s, etc.) with established policies and regulatory deadlines.
- Prepare a variety of payroll related documents (e.g. ACH transfers, voluntary and involuntary contributions, verification of employment and salary, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Involved with testing the payroll softwareto ensure that changes and enhancements are working adequately within all payroll transactions and processes
- Provide impeccable overall customer service to exceed employees’ expectations
- Contribute ideas to continually improve systems and processes
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective function of the department.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES and OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs, stand, sit, bend, stoop, twist, and reach with hands and arms; significant fine finger dexterity.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate Degree Preferred
- Two to four years in a payroll or similar analytical function
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to identify and analyze problems, issues and create action plans; meet deadlines and schedules; set priorities.
- Able to work well in a fast-paces environment, under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percent, and/or ratios.
- Ability to read a variety of manuals, write documents and present information to others.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and full understanding of the consequences of non-compliance.
- Must be detail oriented and work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to identify and facilitate continuous improvement efforts.
Works indoors in a controlled environment; may be subjected to airborne particles and dust.