Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 340 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,300 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
W.S. Badcock employees enjoy many benefits including:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT ON FURNITURE, ELECTRONICS AND APPLIANCES
MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION CHOICE OF PLANS
ONSITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
To assist the Facility Maintenance Department in completing tasks and projects that ensure the facilities meet safety, appearance, and operational standards established by the W.S. Badcock Corporation.
- Responds quickly and courteously to requests for maintenance service.
- Troubleshoot the source difficulty and take appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established by the company.
- Perform carpentry work, and repair plumbing fixtures and woodwork.
- Assist with general roof repairs, exterior siding repairs and repairs related to HVAC systems.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, be compliant with all OSHA standards, and wear all necessary safety/protective equipment.
- Assist with any/all facility maintenance projects as requested by supervisor. To include, but not limited to, painting, plumbing, electrical, roofing, tiling, and all aspects of carpentry, etc.
- Maintain all necessary reports.
- Properly use and care for all appropriate tools.
- Must have the ability to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds chest high.
- Perform project planning and estimate material requirements.
- Organize and lead a team to project completion as assigned by, and under the direction of, the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma / GED. One year technical college preferred.
- Three or more years experience (technical school attendance will credited) in one or more of the following areas: plumbing, carpentry and knowledge of proper, safe and effective tool usage.
- One year experience in team leadership. Ability to effectively lead, direct and motivate others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routing reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to focus, have depth perception and identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- People skills to include courtesy, tact and effectiveness in dealing with co-workers, management and associated personnel, and outside vendor.
- Ability to climb ladders and perform tasks in elevated areas, work in cramped spaces and perform work in all areas throughout the corporate campus, local stores, distribution centers and all associated properties of the corporation.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS and other REQUIREMENTS
- Valid, clean drivers license.
- Must furnish own hand tools.
- The ability to lift up to 100 lbs, stand, stoop, bend, crawl, walk, climb, balance, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Vision requirements to include: Close, distance peripheral vision and depth perception (ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Knowledge of and willingness to abide by all OSHA Standards and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace