Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 315 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
The eCommerce Direct Ship Specialist is responsible for overseeing the creation and accuracy of the direct ship and web only product content. The position will be responsible for ensuring that our products and brand is properly portrayed through our web descriptions and web content. The position will monitor the entire lifecycle of the product from set up to delivery of goods and discontinuance of the item.
1. Creating, editing, posting and updating product descriptions and romance language that accurately represent the product’s features and benefit in our POS system, product systems and web systems.
2. Ensuring that all information displayed on the site is relative, fresh, informative, correct and appealing.
3. Work within the POS system and the Content Management System to house the product information and ensure that all data points are captured and reflected on the website.
4. Collaborate with Advertising to ensure our brand consistency is being achieved and work with the Category Managers to ensure that the information accurately reflects the vision of the product.
5. Assign the Meta descriptions, Meta title, Product Filters, search terms and key words that will enhance the product.
6. Monitor the store purchase orders for direct ship product and confer with the vendor on any inventory/shipping issues that arise.
7. Set up new vendors on our direct ship program and assist IT with the onboarding of the EDI Requirements.
8. Update the stores on products when items are dropped/discontinued or temporarily out of stock.
9. Monitor the inventory levels of all products and ensure products are removed from the web when inventory levels are low.
10. Work with the stores on receiving the merchandise and process any damage/lost item claims as applicable.
1. Bachelor’s degree required, with three years of experience working with product information, preferably within the furniture industry.
2. Experience with e-commerce websites, content management systems, and product information systems.
3. Furniture Industry experience preferred.
4. Internet savvy and up to date on latest social media sites and trends.
5. Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, dealers, retail stores and other corporate personnel by telephone, or through written communication
7. Assimilate information and make decisions
8. Highly motivated, works under pressure in a detailed, organized manner
9. Ability to multitask in a deadline driven environment and prioritize duties on a daily basis
10. Advanced computer skills to include SQL, Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel, etc. and the ability to learn new applications and programs as required