Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 340 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Responsibilities include managing, controlling and monitoring the daily processes and work flows of the home delivery teams as efficiently, safely and productively as possible. This role will oversee all daily activities related to deliveries into the customer’s home and ensure product is damage free. The Day Lead will also motivate, evaluate, develop, coach and discipline associates as needed; monitor all paperwork, file, develop and implement team goals; prepare reports, summaries and analysis on the operations and communicate with management.
- Provides daily leadership to the delivery team and assist the Supervisor.
- Oversee associates as they deliver merchandise, inspect trucks, and returns.
- Handles merchandise with proper use of a dolly, shipping blankets and tie-downs to secure the merchandise.
- Maintains vehicle security.
- Has the ability to train less experienced team members and temps in the fundamentals of deliveries.
- Ensure associate takes the necessary steps required to prevent damage to inventory and to company property.
- Ensure associates properly open, inspect, assemble, and test all goods that are delivered.
- Monitor associate to adhere to all work place safety guidelines.
- Secures and maintains the company issued tools.
- Learns and complies with the company’s loss prevention program by working in a safe manner; identifies, reports and resolves unsafe conditions that may result in property damage or personal injury.
- Follows up after deliveries to ensure proper procedures were followed by drivers with pictures, paperwork, and returns.
- Responsible for other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma / GED.
- Six months retail, customer service, staff leadership, and delivery experience.
- Ability to read maps, shipping/packing documents and assembly instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, management and personnel by telephone, or through written communication; assimilate information and make decisions.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities simultaneously. Effective time management skills.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Mechanical ability to install and service home appliance, electronics, upholstery and case goods.
- Intermediate computer skills – knowledge of MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.
- Ability to assimilate information and make decisions.
- Work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner.
- Strong sense of urgency and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to motivate teams and manage conflict.
- Ability to work additional hours with little or no notice; ability to work weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace