Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 315 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
2 Shifts Available:
Friday 9am - 9pm
Responsible for reviewing credit applications, interpreting data and making informed credit decisions using sound judgment and analysis skills within company policy and regulatory guidelines. Assist in all areas of the Credit Services Department.
- Review credit requests and render appropriate responses within credit policy requirements and compliance with all regulations
- Interpret data and organize information in to provide information and process credit requests
- Provide prompt, accurate responses to all internal and external customer inquiries
- Verify information/documents provided on credit requests in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Review and validate supplemental information/documents provided by customers and store associates
- Review and resolve issues with financing applied to customer orders
- Maintain exceptional customer service
- Communicate clearly by voice call or in writing with store associates as well as customers
- Follow all laws and regulations governing credit and collections, as well as corporate policies and procedures
- Any other duties management deems necessary
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES and other REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs, stand, walk, bend, twist, stoop, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to work flexible shifts that support our retail store hours to include evenings and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma / GED
- Two years of credit underwriting or customer service experience required
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working in fast-paced, structured work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, customers and personnel by telephone, or through written communication; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and job-specific systems
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace