Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 340 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,400 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Responsible to assist customers and stores in carrying out the credit services process related to delinquent accounts as well as processing accounts for litigation and bankruptcy. Assist in all areas of the Credit Services Department.
- Prepare and mail various letters including but not limited to: bad check, collections, FOI, audits and general response letters.
- Prepare account audits and mail, fax or email to appropriate party.
- Evaluate, research, and validate requests for customer account adjustments. Make necessary and accurate adjustments to accounts in accordance with company and departmental policies.
- Provide superior support to customers, retail stores, dealers and other company departments by providing requested information or workable solutions to customer account, billing, bankruptcy, credit granting and/or litigation matters in a timely and courteous manner.
- Receive customer payments, post to customer accounts following established payment acceptance policy. Record payments for bankruptcy accounts.
- Process litigation and repossession requests and communicate status to stores.
- Provide information to banks and mortgage companies (account verification)
- Communicate necessary and accurate information with outside parties such as courts and/or attorneys.
- Process bankruptcy dismissals and or discharges.
- Review and transfer or flag accounts as needed according to policy and procedure.
- Follow all laws and regulations governing credit and collections, as well as corporate policies and procedures developed to reinforce those laws and regulations.
- Perform special projects or tasks as assigned by management.
- High school diploma / GED
- Two years of collections, billing, or customer service experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, courts, outside attorneys, customers and personnel by telephone, or through written communication; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Ability to use and complete the essential functions with the Credit Services systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages in order to evaluate merchandise value.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task.