Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 315 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Loads merchandise for delivery to the customer’s home. Assist with delivery prep teams, inspecting, wrapping, loading and housekeeping. Performs a variety of specific duties at the distribution center; strives to serve the customer professionally at all times. Must be available to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 8:00PM - 4:30AM (Until Job is Completed)
- Inspects, inventories, wraps, and loads furniture for delivery team.
- Assist with unpacking, assembling, loading, setting up, displays, cleaning, touch ups, repairs, refurbishing, test/checks returned products and services merchandise as needed.
- Removes and disposes of any and all packing materials.
- Makes sure all merchandise is loaded securely and in a manner to prevent damage.
- Separates all recyclable materials (cardboard, plastic, and Styrofoam).
- Secures and maintains the company issued tools.
- Able to perform duties at an efficient level and able meet required production requirements.
- Learns and complies with the company’s loss prevention program by working in a safe manner; identifies, reports and resolves unsafe conditions that may result in property damage or personal injury.
- Participate in daily meetings to deploy strategies of improvement.
- Responsible for other duties as required.
- Uses a dolly to safely load merchandise; uses a loading checklist to ensure that all merchandise is properly loaded and secured for deliveries.
- Follows the daily delivery schedule.
- Removes and disposes of packing materials.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High school /GED diploma.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers including Unboxers, Assemblers, and Leads.
- Good customer service skills with a professional, helpful and positive presence.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Basic office knowledge and skills.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task and be highly organized.
- Ability to read tags, documents, instructions, maps, and essential paperwork.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs., 200 lbs. with the aid of a dolly or the assistance of another person without sustaining personal injury or damaging the merchandise.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Ability to plan and organize daily work activities and work independently in absence of supervisor.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, kneel, sit, stand, walk.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace