Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 315 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Prepares merchandise for delivery to the customer’s home. Assist with minimal assembly and housekeeping. Performs a variety of duties at the distribution center; strives to serve the customer professionally at all times. Must be available to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Unpacks, inventories, and inspects all case goods, upholstery, and other furniture for the loading team.
- Assist with loading and unloading merchandise including unpacking, assembling, cleaning, setting up and testing products for proper assembly.
- Separates all recyclable materials (cardboard, plastic, and Styrofoam).
- Secures and maintains the company issued tools.
- Able to perform duties at an efficient level and able meet required production requirements.
- Cleans and checks merchandise before loading.
- Learns and complies with the company’s loss prevention program by working in a safe manner; identifies, reports and resolves unsafe conditions that may result in property damage or personal injury.
- Participate in daily meetings to deploy strategies of improvement.
- Responsible for other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High school/GED diploma.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers including Assemblers, Loaders and Leads
- Professional, helpful and positive presence.
- Basic computer knowledge and office skills
- Effective time management, ability to multi-task and organizational skills..
- Ability to read tags, documents, instructions, maps, and essential paperwork
- Ability to work as part of a team, independently and when the Supervisor is not present.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs., 200 lbs. with the aid of a dolly or the assistance of another person without sustaining personal injury or damaging the merchandise.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, kneel, sit, stand, walk.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace