Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 315 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Responsible to assist in the collection, assimilation, and analysis of financial data resulting in the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements. Assist in the preparation of financial statements and the monthly financial package. Communication with members of management and department heads regarding expense analysis and specialized reports. Assist Financial Accounting Manager in the training of new staff. Assist in year end audit.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and the financial package.
- Prepare various other financial reports to be used by management and department heads outside of accounting.
- Prepare more complex balance sheet account reconciliations.
- More complex financial account analysis for the financial package.
- Analyze financial data to detect problems and take necessary action to correct those problems without detailed guidance.
- Monitor and manage more complex expense accruals.
- Use secondary financial programs to generate files or reports to be uploaded into Lawson.
- Prepare year end audit schedules as assigned.
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist the Financial Accounting Manager in providing training to new and existing employees in the department.
- Assist Financial Accounting Manager with other tasks and special projects as need.
- Operate in a back-up function to the Financial Accounting Manager for operating the department and managing the close process under the supervision of the Assistant Controller.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required.
- Two to four years of experience in financial accounting and general ledger.
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to recognize research and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare account reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Accounting software package experience including general ledger and fixed assets, Lawson experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills to include advanced use of Excel.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, motivated self- starter.