Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 315 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
W.S. Badcock emloyees enjoy many benefits including:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT ON FURNITURE, ELECTRONICS AND APPLIANCES
MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION CHOICE OF PLANS
ONSITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Responsible for developing and facilitating learning programs that will support corporate and retail strategic initiatives. Programs will focus on job-specific skills training and personal development initiatives. Training Specialists will partner with subject matter experts to document processes, and design educationally sound training materials, including instructor-led courses, online courses, job aids, posters, reference guides, facilitator guides, student workbooks, and videos.. Training Specialists must have a passion for learning, for passing on knowledge to others, and for helping employees grow and develop in their careers. They will assist in creating a corporate culture that encourages the continuous learning process for each employee, thereby improving individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
- Develop and deliver training programs in an engaging, inspirational manner to all corporate and retail employees, including management, professional, administrative, light industrial and retail store levels.
- Conduct needs analysis and makes recommendations to management regarding corporate and/or retail-wide development needs.
- Act as internal consultant to line managers, proposing, developing and matching customer needs with proper development solutions to business challenges.
- Curriculum development to include research, appropriate learning methodology, creation of classroom or e-learning training materials, job aids and presentation materials. Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, etc.
- Facilitate training classes and workshops (in person and virtually), modifying communication style to reach different audiences as appropriate.
- Schedule and coordinate training class participation.
- Assist in the review, coordination, and facilitation of third party or external programs, schools, and courses as needed to meet the training and development needs of the organization.
- Evaluate training materials and methods of delivery to optimize training effectiveness and utilization. Provide reports as requested.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization by maintaining a positive and professional learning environment. Works effectively as a team member with employees, retail associates, members of management and the human resources staff.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- Assist the greater human resources team with special projects.
- Assist with new hire employee orientation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Two years education, training, human resources or relevant experience (or combination), preferably in the retail industry.
- Intermediate computer skills required. Advanced computer skills preferred: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Possess video and audio production skills.
- Experience with learning management software and content management system preferred.
- Knowledge of current adult learning techniques with the ability to conduct training needs assessment, analyze and interpret results.
- Ability to design, develop and implement training programs, to include writing and editing technical documentation.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently interview subject matter experts at multiple levels of the company.
- Ability to identify problems and break down complex concepts and processes into logical components for effective training.
- Ability to consistently interact professionally with a culturally diverse audience at all employee levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees and management at all levels; adapts messages to fit audience; encourage team cooperation without sacrificing independent thoughts and contributions.
- Strong active listening skills
- Ability to teach a variety of topics.
- Ability to learn new course content quickly.
- Is action oriented, drives for results, acts decisively, solves problems, thinks creatively, and can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation. Ability to inspire and encourage others.
- Clean, valid driver’s license and the ability to travel and stay overnight when necessary.
- Ability to assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner.
- Ability to multitask in a deadline driven environment and prioritize projects and tasks into personal weekly and monthly plans.
- Creates a customer-focused environment in which extraordinary, legendary service is provided to all customers; sees business through the eyes of the customer.
- Ability to adapt quickly; embrace and become an agent of change.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. bend, twist, reach with hands and arms, sit, stand, walk, hear and talk clearly.