Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 315 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Responsible for preparing merchandise for delivery to the customer’s home. Driving, delivery, installation, and demonstration of merchandise in customer’s home. Performs a variety of customer service functions; strives to serve the customer professionally at all times.
Tuesday - Saturday: 7:30AM - 4:30PM or whenever the job is finished
Must be able to work Saturdays and Holidays
- Operates vehicles safely on public roads between the distribution center and/or store and customer’s homes; maintains the vehicle’s condition by completing the vehicle inspection checklist.
- Secures and maintains the company issued tools.
- Observes all state and federal traffic laws and wears a seatbelt while in the company vehicle at all times; wears OSHA required equipment consistent with moving merchandise.
- Calls customer and completes pre-delivery checklist
- Learns and complies with the company’s loss prevention program by working in a safe manner; identifies, reports and resolves unsafe conditions that may result in property damage or personal injury.
- Inspects the delivery vehicle daily to diagnose defects and keep it performing properly.
- Delivers merchandise, also unboxes, set ups, displays, cleans, touches up, repairs, refurbishes, test/checks products and services merchandise as needed.
- Delivers and returns merchandise with proper use of shipping blankets and tie-downs to secure the merchandise.
- Uses a dolly or assistance from a helper to safely deliver merchandise; makes sure merchandise is properly installed / demonstrated; maintains vehicle security and ensures that the customer is completely satisfied.
- Follows the daily delivery schedule.
- Performs minor service calls and repairs.
- Removes and disposes of packing materials.
- Uses all customer service satisfaction methods.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High school education or GED.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs., 200 lbs. with the aid of a dolly or the assistance of another person without sustaining personal injury or damaging the merchandise.
- Ability to read tags, instructions, maps, documents.
- Clean, valid driver’s license – ability to be DOT certified if required.
- Mechanical ability to install and service home appliances, electronics, etc.
- Ability to work flexibility involving work hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, and personnel; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner.
- Ability to plan and organize daily work activities and work independently in absence of supervisor.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, kneel, sit, stand, walk.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace