Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 300 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,400 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
MUST RESIDE WITHIN LENOIR, NC AREA.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to: manually repairing all types of furniture items the corporation sells. Assist dealers and managers with furniture repair of customer’s merchandise.
- Repair damaged merchandise and repair customer's merchandise..
- Travel to customer's homes and retail stores to accomplish repair needs. (Technician schedules and visits on a regular basis all stores assigned to him/her. During this visit the technician is responsible to make any and all repairs as needed.
- Order parts and compile daily work sheets. (Technician is required to keep and submit all paperwork and records as required by departmental and corporate policy.)
- Maintenance of equipment and cleaning work van as necessary. (Technician will be required to maintain assigned company vehicle and tools. Vehicle will be regularly serviced, kept clean, stocked and organized in order to facilitate professional service and corporate image.)
- Leather/Vinyl Furniture - Technician will be required to make professional level L/V repairs including rips and tears, filling and curing, coloring, topcoat, sewing and any other repairs necessary to restore company and customer furniture to original factory condition, or to maximize value.
- Wood Repairs - Technician will be required to make professional level case good repairs including filing, coloring, gluing, veneer, case frame and any other repairs necessary to restore company and customer furniture to original factory condition, or to maximize value.
- Upholstered Furniture - Technician will be required to make professional level upholstery repairs including fabric, sewing, frame, mechanisms, electric components, springs, cushioning, and any other repairs necessary to restore company and customer furniture to original factory condition to maximize value.
- High school diploma / GED
- One to two years of upholstery and wood working repair experience.
- Ability to evaluate and assess problems and evaluate repair needs.
- Clean, valid driver’s license.
- Physical lifting of furniture 50-75 pounds.
- Ability to operate equipment and power tools required for the job.
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems (Windows, MS Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Good public relations skills and ability to satisfy both dealers and customers.
- Operate hand truck and float.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, lift, and use hands and arms.
- Must be able to climb, push pull, lift carry, walk and maneuver furniture and equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace